In heavy industrial applications, die cut gaskets are typically employed to seal air and/or water between two different surfaces, usually under significant compression. More specifically, the die cut industrial gasket sealing is a result of the compressive forces created by sufficient bolt load, and also works to fill the imperfections on the mating surfaces to be sealed. A.J. Rubber & Sponge Ltd. is an expert and experienced manufacturer of die cut industrial gaskets and seals, cut from many different material types, including but not limited to:
- EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) rubber
- Silicone foam
- Neoprene rubber
- SBR (styrene butadiene rubber)
When reviewing the specifications of die cut gaskets and seals, it is important to consider a variety of factors. One important point to consider when selecting materials for die cut industrial gaskets is that most OEM product testing is conducted under strict laboratory conditions. It is critical to note that actual field environments can vary quite significantly. The most common parameters affecting die cut gaskets and seals include the applications temperature, chemical compatibility and pressure.
- Temperature is possibly the most important factor when it comes to choosing die cut industrial gasket materials. When there are environments of higher temperatures, especially near the area where gasket joints need to be sealed, many potential choices are quickly eliminated.
- Chemical compatibility to the media to be sealed is another very important consideration when selecting gasket/seal product materials. There are many different fluids and gasses that industrial gaskets seal against, and there are many choices of die cut industrial gaskets materials to seal them. It takes an experienced custom manufacturer like A.J. Rubber & Sponge Ltd. to expertly decipher between possible options.
- A third point to consider is the environmental pressure at the gasketed joint. The internal pressure of the fluid is a key determining factor in choosing a die cut gasket sealing material. If severe cycling or pressures changes occur frequently, a more robust material may be required. A.J. Rubber & Sponge Ltd. draws on over 45 years of custom gasket die cutting experience when advising clients on material selection.
- The specific application for the industrial gaskets is another important parameter to consider.
For additional information on the die cut industrial gaskets and seals that we manufacture for heavy industrial applications, please contact A.J. Rubber & Sponge Ltd. today.